‘Don’t Call Me Gay,’ Says Italian Designer Stefano Gabbana, gurrrl please 😱

Stefano Gabbana (left) separated from his partner Domenico Dolce (right) in 2004, although the pair continued to work together AFP/File / Alberto PIZZOLI

Italian designer Stefano Gabbana, one half of the iconic Dolce & Gabbana brand, said Sunday that he was tired of being labelled by his sexuality.

“I don’t want to be called gay, because I’m simply a man… full stop,” the 55-year-old said in an interview with Italy’s Corriere della Sera daily.

“The word ‘gay’ was invented by those who need to label people, and I don’t want to be identified by my sexual choices,” he said.

Gabbana launched the luxury fashion label in 1984 with his partner Domenico Dolce, and although they separated in 2004 the couple continued to work together.

“I thought that I could help spread a new culture as a famous person, a culture no longer based on gay rights but on human rights. We are human beings before being gay, heterosexual or bisexual,” Gabbana said.

The Milanese couturier said gay associations “often serve as a defence, but I don’t want to be protected by anyone, because I’ve done nothing wrong”.

He said he realised he was homosexual aged 18, when his girlfriend “who I really liked” came to visit him for a weekend in Milan, but when they went dancing he “was watching the men more than her”.

"I had known (about being gay) for a while, but I didn’t have the courage to admit it. Only through therapy did I realise that there had been clear signs in my childhood.

“I wanted to play alone… because I felt different from the other children and I feared that if we were together they would realise. And they would tell my mother,” he added

1 le gusta

Entiendo su punto y tiene razón, cuando la gente habla de alguien asi dice “ahh el Gay?” como ya etiquetándolo solo por sus preferencias y eso no se vale, deben verlo como un humano mas

Es como etiquetar a una señora que le gusta hacerle oral a su marido y decir “ahh la vecina mamadora” pues no verdad

2 Me gusta

Estoy de acuerdo con él, no se vale ponerle etiquetas al mundo, no puedes juzgar a la gente por su sexualidad nada más.

2 Me gusta

Que ridiculo, se siente muy especial.

Primero se andan muriendo porque los reconozcan y les den derechos.

No tiene nada de malo ser gay.

2 Me gusta

Es lo suficientemete viejo como para haber aprendido que los humanos clasificamos.
Si no le gusta GAY, podemos llamarlo MARIC0N.

3 Me gusta

Estoy de acuerdo con @jenniferjlomx y @tvadicta, en que Stefano quiere simplemente ser el Sr Gabbana sin que algo mas, como su orientacion sexual, importe o lo defina…:thinking:

1 le gusta

maybe he’s one of those individuals who doesn’t really like labels… like the case of raven symone for example… I don’t know if you guys remember but years ago when asked in interview she said she wasn’t a homosexual but a human being… and that she wasn’t an african american but an american… it was very controversial but she made a point back then… I can actually see that

I understand both points of view. However, he is not moving forward by not taking into consideration the many years of struggle and segregation encountered by the gay community throughout the years. Many people before him paved the way brick and mortar to provide the acceptance the gay community now enjoys.

He’s just a RICH old man who opposes child adoption between gay couples, as well as tax evasion under his/their belt.

All the Gay Community should think about that before lending ears to his/their nonsense. Does the Gay Community need another TRUMP?

I hope the gay community stops and looks at this before paying attention to these two, for they are not looking out for that community’s well being.

1 le gusta

(en corto) La comunidad gay no necesita representantes como estos dos señores.

no aportan pero si atrasan.

estan en contra de la adopcion entre parejas de el mismo sexo y aparte son evasores de impuestos.

mejor que la comunidad gay preste oidos a otras personas que si les aporte algun beneficio

Yo no creo en las ETIQUETAS tampoco, por eso nunca he comprado uno de sus productos, donde las iniciales DG son tan prominentes…

asi deberia de ser pero eso es pedir mucho sobre todo en estos tiempos que a todo mundo se etiqueta hoy en dia ya sea por su raza, o por sus gustos sexuales :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil: