A replica of Jennifer Lopez’s iconic Versace dress is on sale now at TheRealReal
The RealReal is selling a replica of J.Lo’s jungle-print Versace dress.
January 11, 2021, 1:31 PM
• 4 min read
Copy and paste to share this video
Copy and paste to embed this video
The story of Jennifer Lopez
Before she was a “Hustler” or “Jenny From the Block,” Jennifer Lynn Lopez was just a girl from the Bronx.
Jennifer Lopez’s iconic jungle-print Versace dress continues to live on.
The luxury consignment shop has its Versace Silk Printed Dress Set listed in a size small, U.S. 4 for $4,995 and it features two pieces, cut-outs, a deep-v plunging neckline and crystal accents.
According to the retailer’s website, the gown is also in “pristine” condition.
The Real Real
The Real Real offering a replica of Jennifer Lopez’s iconic Versace dress.
According to Google, “Jennifer Lopez’s Green Dress” was one of the most searched terms on Feb. 24, 2000, the day after the Grammys.
In 2019, Lopez surprised fans during Versace’s Spring 2020 show where she wore an updated version of the unforgettable dress.
Donatella Versace shared the surprising moment on Instagram, along with a caption saying, “The FinaleOK @Google, now show me the real Jungle Dress! Such an unforgettable moment… thank you Jennifer!”
“Early 2000’s fashion was the height of sex appeal and skin-baring looks, but Jennifer Lopez took that to the next level when she wore Versace’s ultra revealing dress on the Grammy’s red carpet,” The RealReal women’s editorial lead Noelle Sciacca told “GMA.” “That daring look worn by such a visible artist set the precedent for sexier and edgier dressing at music award shows, paving the way for future moments like Lady Gaga’s infamous meat dress at the 2010 VMAs.”
Sciacca continued, “The dress is emblematic of early 2000s Versace, which we’re seeing high demand for right now – it’s one of our top vintage trends. Donatella was newer at the helm of Versace design then, and this became a career-defining look for her – much like her brother, Gianni Versace’s, iconic black safety pin dress worn by Elizabeth Hurley in the mid-'90s. The dresses share Versace signatures of bare skin and sex appeal, but Donatella added a bold print that drew everyone’s eye on the red carpet.”
In addition to Lopez, the original dress was first worn by model Amber Valletta as well as Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.
Lee esto antes de participar
- Opina con respeto para que tu opinión sea respetada.
- Usa asteriscos para reemplazar las malas palabras y groserías.
- No todo lo que lees será de tu agrado. Solo reporta lo más grave.
- Si no te gustan las opiniones de un usuario bloquéalo ahora..
- Temas que no son noticias de famosos o temas amistosos de los miembros del foro se moverán a otros foros.
- Maneja tus conflictos con otros usuarios privadamente. Temas conflictivos entre los miembros serán invisibles o cerrados.
- No inundes el foro y evita que el sistema te silencie automáticamente.
- Ayúdanos a crecer compartiendo los temas en las redes sociales.